deLorimier Winery (deLo for short)
- Right in the heart of scenic Alexander Valley.
- A very welcoming, relaxing, and super friendly winery.
- Tucked alongside the green, rolling, vineyard hills.
- The immaculate winery grounds include a:
- Distinctive large rock fountain as you make your way towards the tasting room.
- Sheltered patio for picnicking and lounging. Umbrellas keep you shaded.
- Nice grass area to play corn hole.
- Big tasting room bar inside that accommodates many guests.
- I also like that at deLorimier, the vines feel like they are right on top of you.
- Vines surround you on all sides.
- My absolute FAVORITE part of deLo's ambiance happens during summer.
- When I picture a winery night, I envision strings of twinkle lights, and the big night sky sparkling with stars.
- This winery dream is a reality at deLo!
- $10-$15 wine tasting flights.
- Complimentary wine tasting for wine club members.
- Gourmet box lunches can be purchased on site.
- There is also a fridge with cheese and meats to purchase too.
- Wines range from $26 up to their premier reserve Cabernets getting up to $150.
- Open daily 10:00-5:00pm.
- Walk-ins welcome.
- My go-to deLo wine for spring and summer is the Sauvignon Blanc.
- I also really enjoy their Merlot.
- Wine list includes: not one, not two, but TEN Cabs.
- Also Chardonnay, Malbec, Primitivo, Meritage, Zinfandel, and Sangiovese.
- The entire Wilson family are dog lovers.
- Diane Wilson (owner and winemaker) has a border collie named Mollie.
- The oldest daughter of the Wilson clan, Sydney, has a dog named Newton.
- When visiting deLo, it is very likely you'll run into a Wilson family member with one of their dogs.
- Dogs are integral to the brand.
- Bring your dog, sip, and both of you can relax.
Social Media Worthy
- My most popular instagram photo of ALL TIME was taken at deLo.
- Me drinking in the vineyards.
- A second most popular photo was when I got up close and personal with a cookie.
- If you love food porn photos, then Chef Donna's culinary creations will wow you.
- Please note:
- Unlike a ton of wineries, deLorimier keeps their Instagram and Facebook pages up to date!
- Follow to stay in the loop of events.
Feel Good Vibes
- It’s the remarkable, classy, and with-it women who embody the deLorimier experience.
- Diane Wilson is the matriarch of the Wilson brand.
- Also the premiere winemaker, host of the yearly Wilson gala charity event, Children of the Vineyard Workers, and an avid runner.
- Katie, my dear friend, is the Wilson marketing dynamo.
- Katie discovers new creative ways to bring the Wilson brand to more people.
- Lucky for me, I occasionally get to be her assistant.
- Riding with her on the Wilson float in the Geyserville Tractor Parade.
- Sampling her amazing ribs for the Wilson entry into the Geyserville rib cook-off.
- Also, there is the tireless deLo general manager, Rebecca.
- Rebecca has a gentle spirit, a warm hospitality knack, and a quick smile that sets a tone for all guests.
- Rebecca goes out of her way to make sure guest are well taken care of.
- And for all foodies, there’s in house Chef Donna Parsons, who’s mastered the art of food pairing.
- Using the freshest locally sourced produce and her knowledge of wine nuances.
- Her food creations are consistently memorable.
- I LOVE the women at deLo!
Wine Nerd Facts
- Ken and Diane Wilson astound me.
- deLorimier is one of 11 award winning wineries in the Wilson Artisan Wineries family portfolio.
- Wilson Winery, Mazzocco, DeLorimier, Matrix, Soda Rock, Pezzi King, St.Anne's Crossing, Jaxon Keys, Greenwood Ridge, and brand new Rockpile Vineyards.
- The Wilson's also own Calderwood Inn and Grape Leaf Inn.
- They offer a tour featuring 4 of the 11 wineries.
- 6 hours chauffeured while you learn about wine from a personal wine educator.
- The tour will turn novice wine lovers into knowledgeable WINE NERDS by the end of the day.
- Totally worth checking it out HERE.
Wine Club? Fun Events?
- A deLorimier membership is your entree into Wilson Artisan Wineries Club.
- Enjoy wine discounts at all 11 Wilson wineries.
- Choose from five club plans to suit your wine desires.
- Members gather in the beautiful de Lorimier Club Room for food pairing events.
- Summer outdoor concerts at deLorimier are a must.
- Make sure to print the Wilson Artisan Winery Summer Music Series schedule for your fridge.
- The food trucks at these concerts are DELICIOUS!
- The bands will make you get up and dance.
- The Wilsons know how to throw a party.
- At events, you’ll spot favorite hosts, Diane and Ken Wilson.
Sheila's Tasting Notes
- I consider deLorimier Winery my home base
- Think of it like your favorite go-to restaurant.
- That place you go when you want consistent and reliable food that hits the spot.
- deLorimier is that kinda place for me.
- When I step on to the deLo property, I feel at home.
- There is a consistency and familiarity that puts me in a good mood.
- The food, the staff, the atmosphere, and especially the wine never disappoints.