Ram's Gate Winery
- Ram’s Gate sits on a hill overlooking the San Francisco Bay.
- It’s your gateway to Sonoma and the Carneros AVA.
- Superlatives are generally used to describe this wine tasting mecca:
- Exceptional, phenomenal, stunning, spectacular, magnificent, breathtaking, peaceful
- Top notch, wow spot, like a glamorous hotel, romantic, refined-----a destination point.
- Soak in the aesthetics- massive marble bar, vaulted ceiling, comfy seating, mamouth fireplace, airy entryway, high-end kitchen, open air layout.
- Decor/architecture is on trend: farmhouse goes modern goes rustic goes corporate.
- Ample parking is adjacent to an exquisite line of mature olive trees.
- White umbrellas shade you on the Terrace.
- Retractable doors give you an indoor/outdoor feel.
- A man made pond, stunning view, adirondack chairs, blowing in the breeze willow tree, butterflies playing among the lavender is your setting for a picnic.
- While tasting you will most likely hear speeding car sounds coming from Sonoma Raceway.
- I love the ambiance at this winery during the holidays.
- $40 tasting fee for a four wine flight.
- Waived with a two bottle purchase.
- Palate Play Wine and Food Pairing:
- $95 per person by Appt, Thur-Mon 1-4 guests.
- Buy a bottle and purchase food items and enjoy music and lawn games in the spring/summer. I highly recommend.
- Vineyard Table: 5 wines and 5 food pairings $250 per person 4-10 guests
- Summer by the pond: Fri, Sat, Sun no appointment needed for groups 1-10
- Vineyard Designate Tasting and Tour: $65 per person by Appt, 5 wines & tour.
- Appointments recommended but not necessary.
- Open Daily 11:00-6:00pm
- I love Sonoma Coast Pinot, so I had an easy choice to make.
- 2014 Sonoma Coast Pinot
- Minimum bottle price $40, with an average price $62 a bottle, up to $80.
- A chilled Sauv Blanc would be a great choice for the picnic by the pond.
- No longer dog friendly.
- Service dogs are allowed.
Social Media Worthy
- Photos in the vineyards, by the fire place, picnicking by the pond.
- Lots of great photo ops.
Feel Good Vibes
- Just pinch yourself to believe you are experiencing a perfect Ram’s Gate getaway.
- Imagine this---After tasting three wines, you are escorted down to the pond.
- A blanket is laid out, a picnic basket is set on the blanket,
- A bottle of wine, chilled water, meat, cheese, bread, salad, assorted olives and pickles, and dessert await your dining pleasure.
- Spend the day, never feel rushed, enjoy personal attention, a leisurely pace.
- Or maybe share a red and white tasting with ample pours.
- Order a delicious charcuterie platter and you’re happy.
Wine Nerd Facts
- 11,000 cases a year.
- Certified Fish Friendly farming.
- Certified Sustainable wine growing.
- Grapes are sourced from several Sonoma County AVA’s:
- Russian River, Sonoma Coast, Carneros AVA’s
Wine Club? Fun Events?
- Wine Club members who live nearby liken Ram’s Gate membership to joining a country club.
- Events tend to be a little out of my price range.
Sheila's Tasting Notes
- I'm drawn to the RAM that is the predominant Ram's Gate symbol.
- There are golden ram statues throughout the tasting room.
- A ram is on Ram's Gate Wine labels.
- Ram's Gate Winery is the southern end of the Carneros wine growing region.
- Carneros means ram in Spanish.
- The winery is at the gateway of wine country.
- Thus the name Ram's Gate.
- Did you know that the ram is the astrological sign for April.
- My birthday is April 6th!
- I feel an astrological connection to this winery.